- Looked after children (children in public care), children who were previously looked after who cease to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a special guardianship order or child arrangements order. This includes children who appear (to the admissions authority) to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted. Evidence must be provided (Note 1)
- Children who are subject to a special guardianship order who have not previously been in local authority care. Evidence must be provided. (Note 2)
- Children who need a place at the school on exceptional and compelling social, psychological or medical grounds. Evidence must be provided. (Note 3)
- Children whose brothers or sisters are already on the school roll at the proposed time of entry. (Note 4)
- Children whose parent(s) / legal guardian(s) / carer(s) are involved in the regular worship at the churches of St Wilfrid, The Presentation, The Ascention or St Richard, Haywards Heath and whose application is supported by a Clergy Form signed by their Parish Priest or Minister (or Church Officer during a vacancy). (Note 5)
- Children whose parent(s) / legal guardian(s) / carer(s) are involved in the regular worship of a Christian Church in membership of Churches Together in England and Wales, The Evangelical Alliance or Sussex Gospel Partnership; and whose application is supported by a Clergy Form signed by their Parish Priest or Minister (or Church Officer during a vacancy). (Note 5)
- Children of staff in either or both of the following circumstances: where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time of admission to the school is made; and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstratable skill shortage. (Note 6)
- Children who do not qualify in any of the above categories.
Copies of the existing policy and proposed policy, together with the Supplementary Information Form are available below. This includes the explanatory notes relating to the criteria.