The PE and Sport Premium is an allocation of additional funding given to schools to support the development of Physical Education, School Sport and Competition.
All schools are required to report on the amount of funding received and how this is being used, as well as the impact this is having on pupils. The final impact report for 2020-2021 is below.
At St Wilfrid’s C of E Primary School, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that innovative and varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing additional funding for Sport and PE provision. For 2020-2021 St Wilfrid's received £19,260 funding.
The government has committed to funding the PE and Sports Premium for primary schools up until 2021.
Purpose of the funding
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and Sport they offer. They have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits